And that's all she wrote...
7:53 PM Posted In hopeful parents 4 Comments »10/14 entry for Hopefulparents.org
I have been wracking my brain all day trying to come up with a post for today. The truth of the matter is- our life is so boring right now and BOY am I grateful for that! I feel that when I write an entry here or on my blog that it needs to have a sense of drama. The fact of the matter is, the more chaos, anxiety, sadness, etc. that one of my entries has, the more comments and traffic I get.
.
Last month we were recovering from what I hope to be the one and ONLY surgery we'll ever have to face. Now, we have put the surgery behind us and Gabby is healthy, happy, and thriving. Our lives are normal. Maybe that's what I should focus on. Normalcy. Believe it or not, we're there. I never thought I'd say that, but yep...we're boring and loving every second of it.
.
Now that our focus has moved from Gabby's health, I'm redirecting my energy to being a more outgoing and aggressive advocate for my daughter. I am in the process of becoming a parent leader for the infant program in our area and I am really excited about it. It's amazing how Gabby has helped pave the way for me, my family, my friends...we're all different people now because of her. She is so amazing. How did I get so lucky?
.
So yeah...sorry for the lack of an eventful exciting post but I know you'll ALL understand how exciting that is for a special needs parent like myself! That's how we roll these days- BORING! Can you believe it?! Who would have thought? Ha!
.





4 comments:
Boring days are good!! Look at her hair...it's so cute. Glad to hear that things are going well.
I'm loving all the new hair-do's!!! Now that's NOT boring! Keep those adorable photos coming!
Ahh, boring is my favorite season! I just wish it lasted longer =P
thats really great and so NOT boring! :)
isnt it funny how our kids, especially our most special ones, can bring out parts of us we never knew we had... potential that we never knew existed... and we are better just by knowing them, loving them, and being loved by them. there is no sweeter gift in the world!
Post a Comment