Monterey Part I
3:51 PM Posted In cameron , gabby , monterey 7 Comments »
This past Friday we headed out to Monterey for a quick getaway and to visit our friends for a bit. I was hoping the kids would sleep the entire drive but Nguyen brought along his favorite roadtrip snack (sunflower seeds), and that kept Cameron quiet and entertained for a good long while.
.

.

Gabby did exactly what I thought she'd do...
.
Once we got to our hotel, we jumped on the beds a bit and explored what all our room had to offer. Cameron engaged in a photo-op with his mama.
.
Chrystal and Dwight were just getting off from work when we arrived in their city, so we wandered around a bit and goofed off.
.
.
We came back to our room to change clothes and get ready to meet our friends for dinner. Meanwhile Gabby was cracking me up.
.
.
.
Once it was time to go, Cameron was having a fit about leaving. He wanted to stay in and "garden." I think I know what to get Cam for Christmas...
.
.
He sat and played with this thing for a good hour before we had to peel him away. And then, when we had been away from our room for more than an hour, he was BEGGING to get back to his "garden." He was having major separation anxiety for sure.
.
.
.
I forgot my camera in the hotel so there are no pictures from dinner (so bummed!) The sushi restaurant C&D took us too was really yummy and super-fun! Cam had a blast and Gabby was loving her rice and tempura veggies.
.
.
.
Chrystal and Dwight were just getting off from work when we arrived in their city, so we wandered around a bit and goofed off..
.We came back to our room to change clothes and get ready to meet our friends for dinner. Meanwhile Gabby was cracking me up.
.
.
.Once it was time to go, Cameron was having a fit about leaving. He wanted to stay in and "garden." I think I know what to get Cam for Christmas...
.
.He sat and played with this thing for a good hour before we had to peel him away. And then, when we had been away from our room for more than an hour, he was BEGGING to get back to his "garden." He was having major separation anxiety for sure.
.
.
.I forgot my camera in the hotel so there are no pictures from dinner (so bummed!) The sushi restaurant C&D took us too was really yummy and super-fun! Cam had a blast and Gabby was loving her rice and tempura veggies.
.
The next morning, we woke up to the sounds of the waves crashing just below our room. Thanks to a lovely night of sleep with the fresh ocean breeze drifting through our window, everyone slept GREAT which is something I pray for when we go away from home. There's nothing better than NOT having to walk your screaming baby around the hotel lobby at 4am (and yes, I have done this on more than one occasion.)
.
.
While Nguyen read the paper, and I laid in my very own double bed (Nguyen had to share his with Cameron,) Gabby played and came to the conclusion that sheer curtains are an absolute blast!
.
.
.
We tried to relax in our room for as long as possible before Gabby started getting hungry and irritable. Usually the first thing she does in the morning is sign "more" which can be translated as "I'd like to say good morning, but really, all I care about right now is food" Which is what she told me at about 9am!
.
That was our cue to get dressed and head down for breakfast. We visited the aquarium later that day and had lots of fun so be on the lookout for part II very soon!







7 comments:
Cameron is soo funny. He want's to garden! Love that!
That sounds so awesome. I am glad you had a great time. I love your descriptions of the ocean air and crashing waves.It brought me right there for a minute. Cam sure seems to like the garden. Than't sounds relaxing for him. I love them too. Gabby's a girl after my own hear..I am like her in the morning too.:)
Gotta know more about this hotel you stayed at...
Cam is a hoot!
Gabby is SO SO cute. I want to give her a big ol' squeeze!
Jason must have sunflower seeds on road trips too. :)
I would LOVE to sleep with the ocean crashing outside my window. LOVE to. Instead I've got about a foot of snow still falling and, well, it doesn't make any fun noise.
Oh, I love your pics! Cam at BG's is adorable and so id his gardening.
Next time, you can show us around that part of the aquarium since you'll be the ones with all the experience!
Fun, fun, fun! Hotel visits seem to be hit or miss for us...we either have the best time or no one sleeps and we're all miserable. I'm glad yours was a good one!
And that sand garden...ingenious! Adam would go bonkers over it as well. Santa should totally bring that for the Cam-man.
Post a Comment