Monterey Part II

7:00 AM 8 Comments »
continued from yesterday...





So after we relaxed in our room for a bit, we ventured back out to Cannery Row. I have seen these "Water Massage" things before, but I never realized how weird they are. It's like a human car wash. There were three people getting "massaged" as people walked by, staring. They had their faces down, with big heavy duty earmuff things to block the noise I guess. I decided a picture needed to be taken.



Shortly after gawking at those folks, we met up with Dwight and Chrystal. Chrystal and I have been emailing/blogging back and forth for a while, so we finally got the chance to meet in person. Since they live in the area, they hooked us up with some passes to the aquarium! SO COOL! It was so nice to finally talk to them in person. I know Cam had a blast with Chrystal at the aquarium.

The first "cool" thing Cameron saw was this wave thingy. You go stand under the glass and it simulates what it would look like having a wave wash over you. Pretty awesome. We ended up having to go back to it after we toured the whole aquarium because it was THAT cool.



Next was the "touching" pools where, if you wanted to, you could touch the stingrays, starfish, and other sea creatures. The Ray's were pretty smart though...they hung out at the farthest corner possible where there was no way any small hands could touch them. We did get to touch a starfish though! Well actually, I touched the starfish. Cameron stuck his finger in the water about a half inch and "claimed" he touched it too. Wuss.


Here is one of the stingrays that Chrystal named "Ray." Fitting isn't it?! I thought these guys were pretty rad.




In the Otter exibit, there was an "art center." Chrystal and Cam showed off their mad stamping skills.
Cam peering in to the HUGE tank.
The jellyfish. This was probably my favorite! I love how bright and pretty the display was! Cam and I were singing "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming." You've seen Finding Nemo right?! ; )

Here is Miss Malea and Miss Gabby hanging out! Cutie pies!



After the aquarium, we all chilled out at a local coffee house that C&D introduced us too. We got to talk in peace and quiet without millions of people up in our faces. Nguyen and I decided that C&D are awesome, and we know we're definitely going to be getting together with them again soon! We already have plabs to go out to dinner soon, and we can't wait!

Thank you again C&D for everything!

8 comments:

angiesarman said...

Wow! What a great time. The jellyfish look awesome! I would love to visit. Amazing!!!

..Kris Naven.. said...

Glad you guys had fun! Monterey is one of my favorite places to go, and I love the aquarium there!

~aj~ said...

Fun, fun, fun. So neat that you connected like that with new friends. Such a blessing!

And can you believe that I actually did one of those water massages in the middle of our mall one time?! :)

Anonymous said...

Great pics and great rest of the story! :) Glad y'all had fun and met such great new friends!! Gabby and Malea are too cute!

Crittle said...

Awwww & Yaaayyy!!

I love this story. You guys are great.

Julie, Brian, Addy & Evan said...

Cam got further than Addy did! They had a tank with little sea critters in it in Alaska and she barely got a fingertip in the water.
I'm also glad to read about your car trip, we have a lot of trips that seem to go like that!

Julie said...

Aw I love the aquarium and the jelly fish room is my favorite too!

Casey said...

I have actually tried that water massage thing, its REALLY weird...

Glad you guys had fun!! Super cute pictures too!