The things I'd do...

7:00 AM 13 Comments »
for some chocolate. Seriously, I knew I had a problem but until today, I didn't realize how severe it was.

There was a beautiful smallish box of Godiva milk chocolate covered cashews teasing me in my refrigerator today.

I finally caved and grabbed them and sat down at my computer. I got a couple of heavenly bites in before Cameron caught me off guard and ran over to me. I quickly tried to shove the chocolatey goodness underneath a bill laying next to my computer.

As Cameron sat there asking me whatever it was he was asking me, it happened. He SAW it. My heart started beating eradically as I knew I had to act fast.

"What's that Mommy?"
(I then decided to play dumb)
"What's what!?"
(hoping it was something else that caught his attention)
Then his little hand reached up to touch my treasure and I swatted it like a horsefly on a donkey's ass. Of course, then he knew whatever it was needed to be in his hands STAT!
"No Mommy! What is that?!"
(thinking, thinking, thinking...)
"It's poop! Don't touch it, okay?"
(yes, this really happened)
"Oh it's poop? That's gross, huh?"
"Yes...it's really gross!"
And then he walked away. Learn from my mistakes...just wait until your kids are asleep if you don't want to share. It's not worth it to have your three year old thinking you enjoy eating poop.

13 comments:

The McNicol Clan said...

Haha. That gave me a great and awesome laugh first thing at work. :)

The Sanchez Family said...

I am totally cracking up right now. I would have done the same thing!!!! Thanks for the laugh!

Crittle said...

You are a mess!! That is too funny...and I completely agree with your tactics.

Janna said...

LOL! I'm a "secret chocolate eater" too! I would have done the same thing for Godiva chocolates:)

Casey said...

Hahaha, enjoy it while it lasts, I try to do that with Sirene sometimes when i'm eating something she can't eat, but she knows better now and tests me until I have to admit it, the little goober.. =)

Larissa said...

Don't worry sweetie, Lisa tells Charlie ALL the time not to touch something because poop will fall on him! My mom used to hide godiva from us all the time. I think its part of a mom's job ;)

Anonymous said...

Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Too funny!!!

sheree said...

oh good...you guys are making me feel better about my little fib :)

Jenn said...

OMG too funny!!! I hide my treats, gross or not I've been known to take my chocolate and eat it in the bathroom with the door locked. Or tell the kids it's all gone. Or that it's Daddy's and he doesn't want to share with them because he's sooooo mean... yup I do that. Don't feel bad!

N said...

OMG This is the most hilarious thing I've heard all week.

~aj~ said...

This gave me such a good laugh. And you, my dear, are a NUT! :)

On a related note...my dad dips skoal (totally disgusting) and he told Adam that it was actually poo-poo (because he wanted to get a reaction out of him). Now Adam is obsessed with telling everyone his PaPaw eats poop.

You'd just better hope Cameron knows to keep his mouth shut!!!

Andrea said...

LOL!!!!! That was great! I do the same thing too. LOL